Coach Amy Schmid
I grew up as a gymnast, wake boarding, playing softball, volleyball, rugby and boxing. At 18, I got very sick with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which paralyzed me for a few months. During my long and humbling recovery, I began coaching and developed a true passion.
Since then, I have enjoyed working with people at every level to reach their goals. I discovered CrossFit while attending and training at the Fire Academy in 2010. I enjoy incorporating my years of training experience with CrossFit’s training philosophy.
- I can fly helicopters, I just can’t take off or land them yet.
- Functional Training
- Movement Specialist
- Injury Prevention
- Sports Specific Coaching
- 2004 National Collegiate Bodybuilding Champion
- 2005 North American Bodybuilding Championship, 3rd Place
- 2013 Go Ruck Challenge Finisher
- 2013 CrossFit Fury, 1st place
- D1 USA Women’s Rugby
- Avid Trampoline Dodge Ball Player
- CrossFit L1
- NASM, Apex Nutrition
- Emergency Response & Operations
- Fire Science AAS